Best Fuel Injector Cleaner – Best Choice of 2015
Fuel injectors atomize fuel, this is achieved by forcing pressurized fuel through a tiny nozzle thereby turning it into a fine mist. This fine mist is sprayed onto the intake valves and into the combustion chambers. Cleaning fuel injectors eliminates any contaminants such as grime and debris that impede fuel flow and degrades the desired fuel spray pattern. Cleaning fuel injectors improves fuel economy by saving fuel, ensures that the vehicle runs at peak performance and significantly reduces emissions as well. Injector cleaning may be done professionally by a mechanic or you may opt to do it yourself at home with the aid of fuel injector cleaners.
Royal Purple 11722
Sea Foam SF-16
- Gasoline & Diesel
- Gasoline & Diesel
Red Line (60103)
The Need for Fuel Injector Cleaning
Dirty fuel and poor quality fuel helps clogging of the fuel injectors. Fuels supplied by unscrupulous vendors are less engine-protecting detergents which are an important additive to every fuel drop. It is therefore advisable, as a preventive measure, to only fill your tank from reliable filling stations.
Fuel residue when the engine is turned off constitutes some leftover gas which forms a waxy deposit on the fuel injector nozzles. This residue solidifies to form a varnish which then builds up and ends up clogging the fuel injectors. When fuel injectors become clogged, fuel won’t freely flow through and they will spray the fuel mist in an undesirable pattern. As a consequence, these clogged or dirty fuel injectors result in, among other negative effects, poor fuel efficiency and sub-par performance in general. Injectors need to be periodically cleaned in order to remove the build-up that inevitably accumulates over time. Experts recommend injector cleaning after every 15,000 to 30,000 miles. Vehicles with a higher mileage or those operated under require injector cleaning more often.
Symptoms of a Clogged Injector
A dirty injector chocked hard by debris manifests itself in the following manners:
- A clogged injector dissipates a small current of fuel instead of vaporized (atomized) charge during the flow test.
- A shorter mileage for a full tank is another indicator. There is increased fuel consumption since you press on the accelerator more to supply more gas for the same power output that would be obtained when the injector is clean.
- A black exhaust fume is caused by presence of un-burnt gases in the exhaust gases.
- Misfiring, also called detonation, as evidenced by an impulsive pinging sound, drastic loss of engine power and erratic engine running.
Please be sure to test for other causative defects of the above mentioned symptoms, such as faulty spark plugs in the case of gasoline engines, and remedy them as well in addition to cleaning your fuel injectors.
How to Clean Fuel Injectors
Tools and Equipment
All you need is to choose one of the best fuel injector cleaners; a fluid that’s available and that can be purchased from online vendors.
The guideline or instructions on how to use cleaner are as simple and straightforward as usually directed on the product label. Of importance is to:
- Choose the right fuel injector cleaner since different engines call for different types of them. Petrol engines, for example, require gasoline-type of injector cleaners as opposed to diesel or compression-ignition engines.
- Carefully and thoroughly read the attached instructions for use. The directions will clearly guide you on how much fluid you require for each gallon of fuel.
- Check your fuel level and add enough of it to meet the requirements as directed in the instructions for use.
- Add the required amount of fuel injector cleaner into your fuel tank as directed and let the cleaner clear the injectors and other engine parts off any debris and carbon build-up.
How Fuel Injector Cleaner Works
The injector cleaner will run along with the fuel, dissolved in it, through the system ridding it of any dirt, debris and carbon buildup. Pour-in types of gasoline type are to be poured directly into the fuel tank. It is advisable to pour in the injector cleaner before filling up to prevent the injector cleaner from sticking on top of fuel tank. Additionally, topping up with the cleaner already in the fuel tank will facilitate its uniform dissolution into the entire fuel. Different brands of injector cleaners recommend varied number of ounces per gallon of fuel. A more aggressive procedure is dubbed the induction method whereby injector cleaner fluid is applied around throttle or anywhere along the intake manifold purposefully to act on the fuel injectors.
Benefits of Using Fuel Injector Cleaners
The following operational and environmental benefits are realized with the use of fuel injector cleaners:
- It’s a convenient, easy to do, time-conscious and above all, the cheapest fuel injector cleaning method.
- This method removes many of the deposits not only from the injectors, valves, intake manifold, but also from inside the engine’s combustion chamber as well.
- Best fuel injector cleaners get rid of the dirt and carbon deposits thus restoration of the desired spray pattern.
- Regular fuel injector cleaning prevents likely damage to the injectors.
- The use of fuel injection cleaners improves on your car mileage. You will drive longer on a gallon of fuel with clean injectors than when your fuel injectors are clogged.
- Improved performance from ample power output.
- Cleaner exhaust emissions.
- Continuous cleaning achieved by means fuel injector cleaners helps achieve routine engine maintenance as any engine requires a fully functional injector system in order to run optimally.
Long Term Consequences of Continued Engine Running Without Fuel Injector Cleaning
A clogged injector leads to lots of engine problems; in terms of both engine performance and environmental concern issues. The following are consequences of letting your fuel injectors to be dirty and clogged for longer periods of time.
- The vehicle’s performance depreciates as a consequence of the loss of engine power.
- A severely clogged fuel injector results into incomplete combustion of the charge (air-fuel mixture in the engine cylinders) since the fuel is not vaporized or atomized adequately. Incomplete combustion translates into lots of un-burnt gases in your vehicles exhaust emissions. Your vehicle may therefore be unable to pass the smog test and worse if it’s rendered un-roadworthy.
Most Rated Fuel Injector Cleaners
Lucas laboratory has been established in the year 2008. This new laboratory was used and is being used to innovate and develop new products to be released in the market. Lucas Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner is an engine friendly fuel system cleaner which is an oil product mixed with an exclusive Lucas additive with a specific fluid carrier that is free from all products which may cause engine malfunction or breakdown. This kerosene, low quality gasoline may harm the engine when not cleaned up properly. These leaves up deposit right in the engine making the vehicle insufficient at work.
This product works all the miracles of a fuel system cleaner and acting out as a main agent blocking off deposits of carbon and other low quality chemicals resulting in the prevention of possible engine break out. Thus, it helps maximize the engine’s performance.
Sea Foam SF-16
Seafoam got its name from the original purpose why it was made. The product was specially created for marine use and is sold in marine market. Seafoam started out as a small time business scale of Fred Frandrei. By the time Evinrude Outboard Motors had problems about varnish, carbon and stale fuel; Fred Fandrei used the product and showed them how to use. It was when this product boomed into a great business venture as it has displayed efficient work in solving not only marine problems but also problems concerning automotive.
This product is made of 100% petroleum, which helps clean up fuel system by acting out as an oil additive and an engine cleaner. It cleans up all the carbon build up deposits which have great effects on the inefficiency of its parts resulting in the malfunction of a vehicle. This product cleans up all the fuel system, enabling vehicles to work at its best.
Berryman 0116 B-12
Berry Man was created in the year 1918 by Waldo B. Berryman who’s called by the name “Pappy”. It was first introduced Chem Dip Carburetor and Parts Cleaner and has now become a leading brand in the field of fuel system cleaning. In the year 1958, it was the year when a berry man product named B-12 Chemtool was developed. This product is an all purpose cleaning solvent for surfaces and has now evolved into dozens of products specially made in treating engine problems and fueling vehicles speeding up its engine’s performance.
In the year 1970, an acquaintance of Pappy named R. H. Blankenship learned about the company and how efficient their products are. He is an expert of automotive. For this reason, he bought the company and changed its name into the Berryman Products Inc. The next years became the fruitful ones. Berryman B-12 was then discovered together with all other products especially designed to treat engines and these projects are now reaping success in its field.
There is a wide variety of fuel injector cleaners available on the market today for you to choose from. They differ in prices, cleansing capability as well as their mode of cleaning (cleansing agent they contain). Fuel injector cleaners work so you shouldn’t have any doubt using it. It’s a tested and proven additive that will help you reap from the benefits of fuel injection maximally.